Pages

March 9, 2013

Hello.

Update time. I know that it seems that I am lazy when it comes to this whole blogging thing, and I am. There I said it. I sometimes have the intention of a Roman conqueror, and the actual follow through of a small penguin. So, yeah it has been a while. Let me get you all up to-date. New Work is going well, I am enjoying it. I sit in an office for 8 hours a day, and speak to no one. I work on tasks that are emailed to me, and get them done, and send a request for more. Its boring as hell, but the pay and benefits are okay. There are still other options around, and I am examining all of them, closely. I do have some interesting news from old work though, and we can file it under Karma:

            I got a phone call the other day from Tom, he was the service manager while I was at House O'hell AC, inc., and this is what is happening: the General Manager, the guy who made my life a living hell, has decided that its time to quit that shit. He was telling everyone that life just got real bad for him and he is 'sick', but he would not tell anyone what it was. So he leaves, and Tom gets the GM position, which is GREAT, I could not be happier for him, he is truly deserving of it. But there is a catch: Larry was not Sick, or even almost sick. He is a Liar. Come to find out that he bought a competing AC company less than 20 miles away. He is in direct violation of his Non-Compete, and general human decency. Now they are going to have to sue him to really make him pay. On top of all that, there is money, lots of money missing from the Coffers. I had to write a statement, detailing all of the money that I used while I was office manager. He was trying to hide missing money in the budgets of his poor, unsuspecting employee's. I will also say that I wish this had happened while I was still there, because now a Wonderful opportunity has opened for me, and it will be equally hard to accept, and say No to. I am so new in my position with the state that it would look bad if I left to go back, but if/when offered the position, It would be equally hard to say no to the money, and opportunity. So I will be at a cross roads when it comes time.

So in other news, my half-way better half is doing everything he needs to so he is a better person, he is now going to NA and actively in recovery, he is more attentive, and happy. But with every 'UP' in my life, there is a down as well. I do not think he is happy with me. I understand that, but there are less painful ways to go about it.

Case in point:  Last night I had to help my friend call the IRS. When we called, the automated system told us they were closed. I tried *67 my number so they would not know where I was calling from, but it still managed to get us. So I got smart. I downloaded the Google Voice App, and used a Beverly Hills area code to call them from, and it worked (because I am just that smart). Any who, I decided to be a little playful with my better half, and sent him a dirty text from the new number. He responded, and seemed intrigued. Instead of outing myself to him, I wanted to see how far he would go with it. He went farther than I had expected. He started thinking that I was someone else whom we both know, and basically threw me under the bus. When I (pretending to be this other guy) pointedly asked him about our relation ship, I got the answer,

"We have bigger issues right now, whatever happens happens, life is good". 

So I know where I stand in his mind. I confronted him about it before I went to bed, just to let him know. He seemed almost sad, but I am assuming because he was almost caught, not because of actually doing it. I guess it will be oh-well for now. Alright, I am going to go start working around the house. I have to, I have gotten entirely too lazy too own a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment