Pages

September 9, 2012

Long Time.

So, I have been neglectful. I have not been on in a while. So To catch up: We have moved. I am now a homeowner. The joys and fun associated with this are almost overwhelming. For instance, I have been dropped by 3 major insurance companies because I live on a lake, and I also live in Florida... They foresee a problem if the lake rises or a Hurricane shows up. Also, the toilets started gurgling a few days ago, and so we had the septic pumped out. Well it happened again, and now I find out I am in need of a new drain field. For those of you reading this from a civilized part of the world, please allow me to explain:  ALL of the water from the house (baths, toilets, sinks, washer) drain into a very large underground tank. The waste (i.e last nights dinner) settles to the bottom, and the water is SUPPOSED to leech off in to a leech field or drain field. Well, My tank just fills up with a bunch of waste and water and needs to be pumped twice in a a matter of 3 weeks. So if anyone would like to donate to my fund you can go to: www.broke-ass-mofo.com....

In unrelated news the difficulties with the better half have reached such a stagnant point that I worry it may not make it through the holidays.  I am working the equivalent of 2 peoples jobs, and it is starting to wear on us. I am tired of the lack of intimacy and affection. It is very hard to maintain a relationship when only one person seems to be trying. Eventually I am going to run out of fucks-to-give. School is going great, and by that I mean I am not enrolled right now. I am still on a financial-aide suspension due to a 2 failed classes. One more term to go. I COULD have paid to go, but I figured my money was better spent on coke and broke frat boys...

Political Tensions are heating up. All these people trying to find better and more efficient ways to spend OUR money on Their pet projects.  The republicans have now officially nominated a man who from all outward appearances seems to be from the planet Zanadu. I am incapable of relating to someone who says that "if you want to go to School or Start your own business, borrow money from your parents." My dad left when I was 12 and my mom lost what retirement she did have in 2008 because someone at her place of employ decided AIG was the way to go. I am a registered Republican who is probably going to vote blue for the first time in my life. I can only imagine what my grandparents are thinking.

Shit if that perturbs them, they might want to take a seat for the whole 'man on man gay sex thing'....

I have Mentioned Marie on here before. Hard to think that in 3 days, it will be the 1 year anniversary of her incarceration. I remember vividly, standing in front of the Judge, pleading with him to be lenient on someone whom I believed then and still do, is innocent of any true crime.I drive Marie's mother up to the prison to see her about twice a month (yet another Sunday away from my already strained relationship). We went up today, and it is usually okay, but everyone was in a blah mood. It is hard to confront that this is the new reality for them. I try to help in any way possible, but it never seems enough. I try to understand Marie's point of view (looking at everything you worked for slip between someone's fingers while you stare helplessly through the bars), but she can honestly be demanding.

So I have a new position at the wonderful company where i work. I am the office manager/ lead dispatcher. Let me put some words together here for you: Summer, Florida, A/C Company.  'nuff said.  Between May and the last week of August, I averaged about 60ish hours. It did not help that they fired Junior Dispatcher 3 weeks after I started, So I was doing two peoples positions.  They JUST last month hired a full time regular dispatcher. She lied. She lied. She lied. On her resume and in the application, she stated that she had extensive dispatch experience. LIAR! LIAR! POOR FITTING DENIM KNOCK-OFFS ON FIRE! We come to find out only a week or two after her arrival, that her 'dispatch experience' consisted of answering the phone at a 3 member A/C repair place. We have more than 30 employees, 4 phone lines that ring DIRECTLY on her DESK, and a Nextel radio that keeps us in touch with the the servicemen in the field. To say she is out of her depth is an understatement.  She has as about as much connection to dispatch/office work, as I do to the Black Panther movement. So I was told to prepare for her imminent departure  this week. Since I am an 'OPS manager' ( I manage the operation) I alone cannot chose to fire her. SO I have given this task to MY manager.


Okay, I will let whoever 2 people and a confused grandmother looking to buy school supplies relax. I am going to eat, and read MY favorite blogs, which you may locate on the home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment