Pages

August 30, 2011

Weekend Roundup...

So I have a friend who is going to be going to prison for a while. She has pleaded 'no contest' to the charge of DUI Manslaughter and DUI serious bodily injury. I can state that she has exceptionally larger balls than I do. If this case has taught me anything, it is that not all DUI cases are the same, by far. I find myself hoping against hope that she ends up with less than 5 years prison time, and that she is able to get out and resume her life as close to normal as possible. However, I still keep the 14.6 years that the sentencing guidelines recommend in the back of my head, and recognize that our judicial system here in Florida disallows judges from being too lenient, lest they loose re-certification in the election.

On a lighter note, I was just schlogging around on line and I came across a video of a pizza delivery man delivering a 'sausage pizza' to a lone sorority sister. This production was different because it featured the young man sitting on the couch in the sorority hall (as ALL pizza guys do, naturally). The surprise came when he opened the box he had on his lap. (I know I should have seen it coming). My immediate reaction was, oww, how did he get *all* of his bits into the box?. My second thought was: I need to get me some Digorno.

Michell Bachmann is beginning to worry me. I worry for her mental stability. She seems to think that The Almighty is the one who sent the Hurricane and Earthquake. While I have respect for this line of thought, and I believe that the Lord did have a hand in the calamities, I do not believe that it was for the same reasons that Mrs. Bachmann does. I think that the tectonic plates shifted against each other eventually releasing enough pent-up energy causing a small but powerful earth quake. The same theory applies to Hurricane Irene.

'nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment